I attend MaxFunCon every year with my wife. MaxFunCon is a wild weekend of creativity and camaraderie hosted by the Lorne Michaels of podcasts, Jesse Thorn. I can not recommend the event enough. It gets the blood flowing and makes you want to conquer the world in the name of awesomeness. Every year, Jesse and his friend Jordan Morris gift the Maximum Fun community with a theme. Last year's was More Powerful Than Ever: Going Ape. For some people, 2013 will be the year of the Snake, but for amazing people, 2013 is the year of Immortal Power: Plug It In!
Now, I haven't updated this blog since October. It is obvious that I did not go ape enough. I could mention the chore of holidays and the lure of other projects, but those are excuses. Stoicism doesn't have room for excuses and ,obviously, excuses are anathema to anyone who is plugging into Immortal Power. That said, I am demanding better of myself starting...now.
- I finish novel number one and push it into the face of publishers
- I practice and discuss Stoicism like it's going out of style, which it has
- I blaze a trail down my career path like a machete wielding adventurer
- I don't alarm co-workers with imagery like, "machete wielding"
- [placeholder for secret project]
There you go. I want to thank Zeno, Epictetus, Aurelius, Christy Lynn, and all Maxfunsters for the epic year that I am about to create. Immortal Power: Plug It In!